You are hereHome › Intra-University Transfer College of Arts & Sciences
Intra-University Transfer College of Arts & Sciences
Students who are currently at CU but in another college such as Business, Engineering, Journalism, Architecture or Music can apply to transfer to or add a degree in the College of Arts & Sciences. Below are the requirements and the process. You must follow each step to be accepted.
A&S IUT Requirements
- You must have a GPA of 2.0 or above. If you have below a 2.0 GPA, Please review these options here.
- If you are a new student with no GPA, you may apply at the beginning of the semester (before census – usually the third Friday of classes).
- You must be an active student at the time you apply. If you are not an active student, please review this page for instructions.
- IUT Applicants from the College of Engineering and Applied Science will need to take a short survey found here - www.colorado.edu/engineering/thinkingofleaving - and meet with an advisor in the College of Engineering and Applied Science. Please make an appointment with the the First-Year Experience Coordinator, Lelei Finau-Starkey (303.492.5071).
A&S IUT Application Processing Guidelines
- Please review the comprehensive processing guidelines here. You are responsible for knowing these deadlines.
- Prior to the third week of the term: applications are processed for that term for all students with a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- After the third week of the term: applications are held until the end of the term for students with a GPA of 2.5 or under, and accepted for the next term for students with a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- All IUT applications accepted after census will be processed to take effect the following term.
A&S IUT Required Application Materials
- Major Declaration Form OR First-Year Checklist
- First-Year students: Fill out the First Year Student Checklist
Second Year students and up: Attend a major declaration meeting.
Completing this process can take several weeks; plan accordingly. To find available meeting times, log in to aac.colorado.edu and select “Major/Minor Declaration Info”. At the end of the meeting you attend, you will be given a copy of your Major Declaration form. You will need to turn in this form, so do not lose it.
- If you are unsure of which major you wish to pursue, please review available A&S Majors here: http://advising.colorado.edu/students/current-students/majors-and-minors-available-to-as-students and/or contact an advisor in the Center for Students in Transition for an appointment by emailing SiTadvising@colorado.edu.
- A&S Informational Presentation Quiz score report
View the Arts & Sciences Informational Presentation and take the Quiz
- Tips: Please use the full screen mode (on bottom right of screen). It is also helpful to advance at your own pace, rather than use the autoplay. Allow 30 minutes for the presentation and quiz. If you have any technical issues with the presentation, please email SiTadvising@colorado.edu.
Print out your Quiz score report
- You must score at least an 80% on the quiz. You will also need to print it out, sign it and turn it in to Woodbury 109 with the rest of your paperwork. If you do not make an 80% the first time, you will need to go back through the presentation and then take the quiz again until you have earned at least 80%.
- Your Unofficial Transcript available in MyCUInfo.
- IUT application
- The IUT application is available at Woodbury 109; please allow 10 minutes to complete it when dropping off your application.
YOU MUST TURN IN ALL FOUR ITEMS TO WOODBURY 109 AT THE SAME TIME.
WE WILL NOT ACCEPT INCOMPLETE PAPERWORK.
- About Us
- First-Year Students
- Continuing Students
- Academic Planning
- Academic Standing
- Degree Requirements
- Intra-University Transfer
- Majors & Minors
- Military / ROTC
- Petitions & Forms
- Transfer Evaluation
- Prospective Students
- Students in Transition
- Pre-Health & Pre-Law
- Parents & Family
- FAQ & How To