About Pre-Law at CU Boulder
Investigate Before You Invest
The CU Pre-Law Advising Center is here to help you explore a law school education and learn about the career opportunites that come with a law degree. We provide CU Boulder students and graduates with a full spectrum of advising, resources, and networking opportunities – all of which help you determine if law school is right for you and, if so, how best to achieve your educational and professional goals.
Here's What We Can't Do:
- Pre-law is NOT a major so, no, we cannot tell you about course requirements for graduation;
- Pre-law it is NOT a field of courses or studies of any kind designed to get you admitted to law school; and,
- Pre-law is NOT law school.
Services Provided by the Pre-Law Office:
- One-on-one meetings with Anthony Bastone, Academic Advisor Pre-Law, to discuss your personal interests, ambitions, and to answer specific questions;
- Assistance in determining how to best structure your undergraduate studies in preparation for applying to law school;
- Aid you in networking with lawyers working in private practice, the public sector, the judiciary, law enforcement, and a wide variety of non-traditional law careers so you can learn more fully how a legal education can affect your future career prospects;
- Host or co-host numerous events throughout the year to help you explore, in greater depth, the practicalities of pursuing a law degree and a career in the law. These include social mixers with current law students, law school fairs, and special sessions addressing all aspects of applying for and succeeding in law school; and,
- Provide resources and assistance in preparing to apply for law school admission.
- AAC Home
- About Pre-Law
- Should I go to Law School?
- Preparing for Law School
- Applying to Law School
Hours: Wednesday Mornings – 7:00 a.m. – noon – Prelaw Student Appointments – 8:00 a.m. – noon – Kittredge Central North – same as above!
Wednesday Afternoon’s 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Students will meet at UClub 111. All appointments on Wednesday must be made electronically on the Prelaw Website!
Hours : All Day Thursday’s – 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. UClub 111 - Prelaw Student Appointments – 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. – Appointments must be made electronically on the Prelaw Website.
Pre-Law Announcements and Events
Law Fair Oct. 27th
The Annual Colorado Law Fair will be held at the Coors Event Center on Monday, October 27th from 9:00 a.m. thru 3:00 p.m. The Fair is sponsored by the University of Colorado Prelaw Office, Phi Alpha Delta and the Western Association of Prelaw Advisors (WAPLA).
Over 100 law school admission deans and directors will attend to represent their respective law schools and provide invaluable information to those students/graduates intent upon pursuing a legal education.
For further information contact Anthony Bastone at email@example.com
Sarah Weddington Lecture!
Winning attorney for the Landmark Case Roe v Wade will speak on Monday, April 14th at the Glenn Miller Ballroom in the University Memorial Center at 6:30 p.m. followed by a book signing of the second edition, “A Question of Choice.” This lecture marks the 40th Anniversary of this historic decision by the United States Supreme Court. Students Faculty and the public are welcome to attend. See Sarah at CU!
Tuesday Talks: 5 PM, Wolf Law
Events Calendar for CU Law School